13 May 2014

Just a little bit of life


I want to apologise in advance as I have a feeling that this post is just going to be me waffling about some nonsense instead of giving you an interesting story to read. Believe me, I’d love nothing more than to tell you about all the adventures I get up to on a daily basis and the exciting places I visit but unfortunately that’s all top secret (aka not existent). 
So all I can do is bring you some day-to-day adventures and little stories about what’s been happening in my life lately.

That sky! Starting off with this picture that I snapped today from my window. It actually looked like that. No editing, I swear!



Fire alarms. I talked about fire alarms before but it just appears as if I have some bad luck with fire alarms. Firstly, there was the one I already talked about. Yep, that time when I was only dressed in a towel standing in my bath room when that thing went off. The second one started on Monday morning last week. At 3 a.m. I was thrilled, as you can imagine. Now, here’s the thing: that fire alarm is not just an annoying noise somewhere in the background. It is the loudest alarm I have ever heard; you’d think it wants to announce an apocalypse or something. So, in the early hours of that morning I almost fell out of my bed but still somehow managed to put on a coat, shoes and grab my keys. Needless to say, it stopped the minute I stepped out of my door.
Two days later I got to the office where I do my internship and as soon as I had walked through the door I heard a noise. You guessed it, another fire alarm. Apparently it had been going for the whole night and there was no one who knew how to switch it off. As a result we sat there for three hours, trying to do our work until some guy showed up who knew how to fix the problem.
Then last night was the fourth alarm. People in this building should really go on a raw-food diet and stay away from ovens and hobs.

Thinking about all the fire alarms that have been happening to me in the last few weeks I remembered that one time when I accidently set off one in a night train. It was on a school trip and we were on our way back from Berlin. In the morning I went to the little bathrooms that they have with just a tap and a mirror in it to brush my teeth, do my hair and what not. Trying out the new spray deodorant that I had bought I quickly had to realise that it produced a LOT of fumes. Like A LOT!! And then the whole train got woken up. And what did I do? Did I step out and tell the conductor that it had been me? Nope, of course not. I hid the deodorant and joined everyone in the corridor, speculating who had started the alarm. Until this day only one person from that train knows that it had been me.

My neighbour. Since we are already on the topic of disturbances, let me tell you something about the girl living opposite me. She likes Whitney Houston. She likes Brittney Spears. She likes singing (or rather shouting) at the top of her voice. She likes to do that at 4 in the morning. And that, I can tell you, is something I don’t like

Cottage cheese. Why exactly do I mention cottage cheese in my blog post, you might wonder? The truth is, I absolutely love cottage cheese. Or so I thought.  But guess what, turns out Swiss cottage cheese and English cottage cheese don’t taste the same at all.
Now I feel like I have to question my love for cottage cheese. Has our whole relationship been a lie? Which one is real? And which one is just the better/worse version of the other. I don’t even know what to believe anymore. What a disappointment.  

 
No live changing adventures for now as you can see. I hope you’re not too annoyed with me just rambling about random things. But I guess that for me, it’s better than not writing at all. Who knows, maybe someday there will something interesting. So just keep on reading.

And lastly, a card I bought the other day that made me chuckle. Hopefully you, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment